Facetheory Azeclear A15 Serum 30ml
- A plant-based serum formulated with 15% azelaic acid to target acne, blemishes, dark spots and rosacea.
- Found in wheat, rye and barley, azelaic acid is a nature-identical antioxidant that can help reduce inflammation. Clinical studies show that azelaic acid gels can minimise the appearance of swelling and visible blood vessels caused by rosacea (more info).
- Azelaic acid has a different kind of action to alpha and beta hydroxy acids, so you can use it alongside AHA and BHA products. Keeping in mind that these are powerful actives, we recommend that any new acids should be introduced gradually into your skin regimen.
- Colloidal oatmeal, chamomile and green tea provide an extra antioxidant boost.
- Free of parabens, silicones, PEGs, SLS, SLES, and mineral oils. Vegan and cruelty-free. Made in the UK.
- Use on its own or underneath your favourite moisturiser.
- Facetheory products contain a high concentration of actives, so only a small amount is required per use.
Azeclear Serum A15 delivers 15% azelaic acid as a smooth emulsion, so it is fully dissolved in the formula, without the graininess sometimes evident in suspensions. Azelaic acid has been shown to be effective against acne, hyperpigmentation and rosacea.
This product is free from
Animal ingredients, benzalkonium chloride, benzophenones/benzophenone derivatives, bisphenol a (BPA), butoxyethanol, BHT, carbomer, coal tar dyes, -cones, ethanolamines (MEA/DEA/TEA), formaldehyde, hydroquinone, liquid petrolatum, methyl cellosolve, methylisothiazolinone, methylchloroisothiazolinone, mercury, mercury compounds, mineral oil, oxybenzone, parabens, paraffin oil, pentylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, phthalates, polyethylene glycol (PEGs), resorcinol, siloxanes, sodium nitrite, sulfates, thimerosal, triclosan, triclocarban.
Apply a few drops to clean, damp skin, concentrating on blemishes, fine lines, dark spots and areas of hyperpigmentation. Follow with your favourite moisturiser. Some people may need to gradually accustom their skin to this product. Test first on a small area. After your first full application, wait a day or two before starting regular use. Discontinue use if irritation occurs. As this product may increase skin's sensitivity to sunlight, we recommend using a broad-spectrum sunscreen while using this product and for two weeks afterwards.
Aqua, propanediol (humectant from corn syrup), butyloctyl salicylate (ester of salicylic acid), azelaic acid (15%, derived from wheat), polyglyceryl-6 stearate (vegetable emulsifier), glycerin (humectant from rapeseed), polyglyceryl-4 oleate (vegetable emulsifier), avena sativa (oat) kernel flour, glyceryl caprylate (emulsifier), sodium anisate (preservative from aniseed), sodium levulinate (preservative from sugar cane), polyglyceryl-6 behenate (vegetable emulsifier), rosa canina (rosehip) fruit extract, cetyl hydroxyethylcellulose (vegetable thickener), xanthan gum (rheology modifier), sodium phytate (salt of phytic acid), aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice, camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract.